m3avrck wrote:
Hey folks,

So I'm trying to combine the excellent jQuery tabs (www.stilbuero.de/
jquery/tabs/) with jqModal (http://dev.iceburg.net/jquery/jqModal/)
and am having a bit of trouble in IE6.

Basically, you click a button, jqModal pops up with some tabs. Easy,
you'd think, but then you get this IE6 bug:

"Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled,
or of a type that does not accept focus."

Since the jqModal window is hidden through CSS by default (before you
click) this is obviously calling the error. I tried adding in an
onLoad and onClick links but nothing seems to *render* the tabs
*after* jqModal pops up.

Not only that, but if you drag this window around using the jqDrag,
the contents of the window *mostly* disappear, except for like input
boxes, wtf???

Here is the code I am using:

      $("#object")
        // setup modal
        .jqm({
          trigger: "#object-launch",
          overlay:0
        })
        .jqDrag('h3.title')
        .find("#container").tabs();

Any ideas???

Btw -- this is part of an awesome new plugin I'm hoping to announce
soon :-D Thanks!

ted

Alright,
there's a similar thing when putting google maps in popups. Try extending the jqModal onShow function to call .tabs() on the modal content. Once it has appeared and tabs has run you should be able to hide and show the modal as often as you like but you might be want to put in a check to see if tabs has already run. Let us know if you need a hand with that.

Rob