you could try something like this:

$('#content a').click(function (event){
  if (!$(event.target).is('input:checkbox')) {
    //do something..

p.s. i'm not sure if it's valid to have a checkbox inside a link ?

dennis.

Rob Desbois wrote:
I'm not sure how to do this as it stands - I've never been particularly au fait with text nodes and how to work with them. However, a possible solution is to put the text next to the checkbox in a <span> and then attach the click event to that.

--rob