We had a test a while back that was changing a CSS class versus a series of
dom elements.
http://www.sunsean.com/animatetest.html

I was thinking about your column resizing.  Maybe this technique would
improve the speed of the column resize?  Maybe even show the whole column
sizing dynamically.

I find it interesting, looking at the different grids out there, how some
are Table based, div based, table inside div based, etc etc.  In our
application, we have grids that can get very lengthy.  50 rows is considered
low, 100-500 medium-high, and 1000+ high.  I don't know which is best, I
just find it interesting. ;)

One tiny bit of UI feedback:  You probably should increase the target-size
of the resize.  Sort of hard now to grab it.
Great work so far Josh!

Glen