Patrick,

I've just released a Javascript library that allows you to have your text
split into columns!

Check it out here:

http://pinkblack.org/text-columns/

You simply include the library in your document, and then do something like
the following:

  [My voluminous text goes here!]

Now, your text will be split into columns that are, at maximum, 200 pixels
wide.  Also, there will be a 10-pixel gutter between columns.

As your browser window grows and shrinks in width, columns will be added or
subtracted dynamically.

This library doesn't depend on jQuery -- or any other library, for that
matter.  It works in IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari.

Enjoy, and keep creating!!
Sean