Very interesting, I have seen something similar (now somewhat
outdated) recently at http://13thparallel.com .  However, what turned
me off was a lack of widow-orphan control, the layout nut in me can't
allow widows and orphans.  There are other great features in this
script, do you have any plans to implement widow-orphan control?

It is also very nice that this is not a framework-dependent script,
but I think this would be awesome to write as a streamlined jQuery
function - jQuery will take care of cross-browser quirks on its own
(camelCase, cloning, event binding).  Plus, that way you could
unobtrusively add properties without breaking validation. Hmm... also,
are HTML tags allowed in the text?

I am always looking for dynamic layout options, having text flow
between columns is something layout designers have been using for
years in print, it's about time to have a proper representation on
screen.  Nice work.

Charles
doublerebel.com