On Aug 19, 1:21 am, Stephan Beal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Um... err... ??? i may be wrong on what the param object should be,
> but my understanding is that it's an Object/map of key/val pairs.
>
> Maybe someone out there can correct or confirm that?

>From the example on the docs page:

http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax#load.28_url.2C_params.2C_callback_.29

 $("#feeds").load("feeds.html",
   {limit: 25},
   function() { alert("The last 25 entries in the feed have been
loaded"); }
 );

In that usage, the params object is indeed an object/map.

The "problem" with that example is that it uses an HTML file as the
target, whereas (as mentioned in my other post a few minutes ago),
POST isn't configured to work on some web servers for HTML files.