On Aug 18, 7:28 pm, Stephan Beal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax#load.28_url.2C_params.2C_callback_.29
>
> ..
>
> In that usage, the params object is indeed an object/map.
>
> The "problem" with that example is that it uses an HTML file as the
> target, whereas (as mentioned in my other post a few minutes ago),
> POST isn't configured to work on some web servers for HTML files.

I see ya point.  To me, thats isn't the main issue here, sure, valid,
but not the main one I am bringing up because you can easily bypass
that limitation.

Referring back to the other thread OP message, he used {format:
'xhtml'} as the parameter.

    $('#tags').load('/data/tags', {format: 'xhtml'});

and because of the parameter, unbenowst to him, a POST was forced.

Thinking the solution was too simple, by using the URL to pass
parameters like so:

   $('#tags').load('/data/tags?format=xmtl');

which will use a GET,  I assumed he had a JSON data passing design
here and wanted to keep that syntax.

But that doesn't to be the case here. His answer is simply passing the
key/value pairs on the URL.

Anyway, I referring now to the obstrusive second parameter as a
object, not a string.

If you got 100 new people using jQuery,  they will naturally attempt
to use ampersand delimited key/pairs pairs as a string, not some
obscure JSON object format.

I mean think about it,  why restrict such a simple concept of a
typical key/value pair string and worst, send JUNK to the server when
its not the OBJECT format?

Thats obstrusive design!. :-)

Why can't jQuery.param() add a data string type check

    if (a.constructor == string)  {
        // we got what we want, no more transformations required
    }
   else
   if ( a.constructor == Array || a.jquery )

Thats Unobstrusive design!!!

--
HLS