I want to do this and have evaluated and tried a few plain-js and jquery based solutions:

http://digitarald.de/playground/uplooad.html

required abilities:

1. select multiple files at once via browse dialog
2. list all selected files separately
3. remove any selected file before uploading and during upload (if not started) 4. per-item progress bars (and ability for individual uploads to complete before whole batch does)
5. clear completed list easily

Nice to haves:

6. restrict selections by file extension
7. file-size limit enforced on client side

Additionally: I'm looking for a solution that has most/all of this already packaged (since this mootools uploader does and has therefore set the bar) so that implementation time will be minimal.

FWIW, all of the jq-based plugins I've looked at so far did not meet *all* requirements or came close, but had various browser-specific issues (crashing browsers, not loading from local cache) that made us give up on them.

- Jack

Benjamin Sterling wrote:
@GTG, great question, I second that.

@Jack, if you can explain what you are trying to do with mootools, maybe we can come up with an alternative.