Hey folks,

I was looking through the plugins at jquery.com/plugins/ and noticed that, even though the project pages have bug-report and feature- request tools built right in, hardly any of the plugins have anything entered for any of it. Kelvin Luck's plugins are the only ones I saw from a cursory skim through the list that are taking advantage of them.

So, I'm curious. What do more seasoned plugin developers recommend for tracking bugs and feature requests? Why is hardly anyone using these on the plugin pages? Is there something better out there that others are using? It's seems a shame not to use what looks like a nice tool. But before I jump in and start using it for my own plugin, I thought I'd seek the perspective of others.

As I've been working on the clueTip plugin, one of the hardest things for me has been to keep track of what people want out of it and what they're finding wrong with it. I think it would be nice to have a centralized location where I could monitor this stuff for my own plugins, and it would also be cool to be able to look at other plugin pages and check on their progress.

Any thoughts on this? How about not just from plugin *developers*, but from plugin *users* as well? People out there using these plugins -- would you find it helpful to be able to look at these plugin pages at the jquery.com plugin repository and check on their status?

Okay, sorry, I'm rambling.

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com