I must say that as i'm learning javascript and jquery in parallel so
it's a bit confusing.
I did a bit of javascript before and jQuery is so different that it
is difficult for me to get in the right mind set.
Well it's not like I'm especially good with javascript either i
always end up making my life complicated.

anyway, thanks for that, I'll be working with it.

i want to use some xhmlhttprequest to animate the background of the
rows in my galleries like on my current page:

http://kosmonot.bl1nd.com

then when the image is loaded show the picture with the animation.

BUT

don't tell me anything yet...

  i have to try a bit at first, that's part of the learning process.

I'll come back to you to submit my code to your expertise when i'm done.
which will probably be in 10 time more times that it would take you
to do it. (and that's probably a minimum)

thanks again Glen