On Aug 31, 4:51 pm, "Michael Geary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here is a example JSON:
>
> > var json  = {
> >   fields:
> >   [
> >    {prompt1: "Login Name"},
> >    {prompt2: "Real Name"},
> >    {prompt3: "Location"},
> >    {prompt4: "Password"},
> >    {prompt5: "Security Group"},
> >    {prompt6: "File Area"}
> >   ]
> > };
>
> That's not valid JSON. You need double quotes on all the property names.
>
> Obviously it doesn't make any difference if you are just eval'ing it (it is
> valid JavaScript), but if anyone uses it with a real JSON parser it will
> fail.

I wanted to get back to you on this.

Ok, so what you are saying that I can make it work fine for my own I/O
handling, but to be 100% correct across the board, the BCP (best
current practice) is  I should always have my JSON generation code
doube quote all JSON properties and I will not have any compatibility
issue? or shouldn't?

Now, must it be double quote and/or single quotes?  Does it matter?

I think single quote is often used for WEB work because many back end
languages only support double quotes for strings so its easy to code
it.  So I have been using single quotes up to this point and double
quote it where it is specifically required.

--
HLS