Hi Charles,

Thanks for taking your time to investigate my issue

However, the site you see is not a demo, it's "fully" functional
calculator for css dimensions. :) When you start typing, you fire
different events, and - yes - they affect whole tree & that's
intentional.

But the thing that only bugs me is adding new nodes. I'll try
optimizing filters more aggresively, but unfortunately I did similar
thing before and it didn't make a difference.

About other things that you've said: I don't get the JSLint comment;
and my code don't need to be wrapped in closure because it's not a
plugin and it won't be used anywhere else. :)

--
Piotr Petrus http://riddle.pl