From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Resig
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:07 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Opinions on YUI?

Some random, non-code reasons:
- jQuery has significantly wider adoption and user base.
  http://www.google.com/trends?q=jquery%2C+yahoo+ui
- jQuery has a significantly more active community.
  YUI had 1559 list posts last month, jQuery had 4343
- We have books (2 out now, 1 more in the works)
- Yahoo UI doesn't accept patches or code contributions - it's a one-way
street.
- They don't make guarantees of backwards compatibility with API changes

Let me know if you need more ;-)

--John