In your code you're modifying the .html() of contents twice after the
animation has already started. If you do a "show" animation (like what
.show() and .sildeDown() do) then they do a calculation animating the
height to "auto" - if that height changes after the animation has
already begun then there will be a "jump" at the end in order to
compensate.

In your _show_image_data() function just call your two .html() cases
before you begin any animations and that should help.

--John