I also ran into this problem, and it was truly vexing. I was trying to
POST
to an XML file (dynamically generated by PHP), and the server didn't
allow
that so no POST vars were being received. Very glad I stumbled across
this
post, since otherwise I'd probably be hacking together a GET version
or
using the ajax call with a success function or some other difficult
kludge
like that right now.