From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Frank Tudor
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:30 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: input type text toUpperCase() jquery question

Anybody?

On 9/25/07, FrankTudor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As a user types in content to this this text field I would like tho
force the text to uppercase to as keys are pressed.

How would this be done?

and is toUpperCase a real jquery function?  if not wbhat would be a
simple way to hndle this with either CSS or someother method...

Here is what I have and obviously I am stuck...

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function()
                {
                        $('.highball').keypress( function()
                                {
                                        $('.highball').toUpperCase()
                                }
                        );
                }
        );
</script>

<input type="text" style="" class="ac_input highball"
autocomplete="off" id="CityLocal" value="" type="text">

Frank