From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rey Bango
Sent: October 3, 2007 5:52 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: ajaxCFC and CF8

Brook,

CF8 provides quite a number of options in terms of prebuilt Ajax
controls but I tend to refer to them as "intro" widgets. They don't
provide the level of functionality available in jQuery or many other
libs and do not adhere to any form of progressive enhancement. Also, few
users want to use Spry for their development and CF8, out of the box,
already includes an outdated and non-upgradeable version of YUI.

AjaxCFC most certainly remains relevant as it provides a very easy
interface for making Ajax calls to your CF templates and leveraging
native CF data types. In addition, since jQuery is included in AjaxCFC,
you now have the capability to leverage the wealth of jQuery plugins
available. And since it's open source, you can upgrade things as needed
instead of having to wait until Adobe patches the libs.

Rob and I will be working on updating AjaxCFC to jQuery v1.2.1 soon and
possibly creating wrappers around jQuery UI components.

Rey...