Ok, I've kind of hacked around it. Maybe adding prePost and onFailure
options that can map to functions(form), so that you could run a script
prior to the actual submit event, or something in the event of the form
being invalid.

I had a select with values that were a pipe delimited string. The select had
an onChange event handler that would pass the first token to an ajax call to
populate a second drop down. When the form was submitted I would have to
strip out the first (id) token of the value so that only the second token
(value) would be submitted. If the validation failed then I would need to
repopulate the first select with the correct data (remember I had stripped
out that id token), and zero out the second select (since it wouldn't be
related anymore). It's all working now, but kinda clunky.

--
Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional