Michael Geary wrote on 10/9/2007 1:27 PM:
It's still an interesting bit of code (of course I would say that!) -
the $.expire function shows how easy it is to augment an existing
JavaScript function with new behavior.

It *is* interesting, thanks for sharing the code.  We display a countdown timer
on the bottom of the page so the user is aware of how much time they have until
they're booted out, and if the user needs more time, they click on the timer to
reset it (which pings the server to keep their server-side session active).
Currently, we manually reset the timer for the user when they do certain
actions, but having the timer auto-reset when performing an ajax call would be
handy.

- Bil