From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bil Corry
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 11:55 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Session management in an Ajax app

Michael Geary wrote on 10/9/2007 1:27 PM:
> It's still an interesting bit of code (of course I would say that!) -
> the $.expire function shows how easy it is to augment an existing
> JavaScript function with new behavior.

It *is* interesting, thanks for sharing the code.  We display a
countdown timer on the bottom of the page so the user is aware of how
much time they have until they're booted out, and if the user needs more
time, they click on the timer to reset it (which pings the server to
keep their server-side session active).  Currently, we manually reset
the timer for the user when they do certain actions, but having the
timer auto-reset when performing an ajax call would be handy.

- Bil