On Oct 10, 12:17 am, hj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 12:56 am, "R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah"
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Oct 8, 3:42 pm, Andy Kent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >    <snip>> Yep, absolutely. If you have any ideas on how we could test a
> > browsers
> > > support for a selector without maintaining a hard coded list then I
> > > would love to hear them.
>
> >    <snip>
>
> > $(document).ready(function () {
> > $('body').append(
> > '<div id="r_csstest">   \
> > div#r_css{      \
> >     width: 0px; \}               \
>
> [and more like that]
>
> I hope you're aware of a couple of issues with this method:

   I had typed from my memory. I think, in the original version, I
didn't hard-code the selector here (used from bc_selectors or so)

>   1) The <style> element is not a legal descendant of <body>.
>        Better to append it to the <head>.

   Since, it's only for the detection purpose, I think, this is good
(IMHO).

>   2) The ECMAScript standard doesn't define the "\" as a string
> continuation character.
>        Better to simply concatenate string literals.

   I didn't know that actually. Thanks for proving me with very useful
info.

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/