I think this kind of approach is a great idea, but this implementation has
serious usability problems:

1) It displays messages at the top and bottom of the screen at the same
time, fighting for your attention - and the less important message - the one
at the bottom - is more eye-catching because of the animation.

2) It is much too eager to dismiss the message on mouse movement. Don't you
naturally move the mouse around on a page as you look at it? I do. At least
I use a TrackPoint, so it's easy to avoid inadvertent mouse movement. If you
use a conventional mouse, it can be difficult to avoid any mouse movement
after a click.

I posted a more detailed reply in the comments on the Ajaxian article:

http://ajaxian.com/archives/humanized-messages-library

-Mike