Michael Geary wrote:
> 1) It displays messages at the top and bottom of the screen at the same
> time, fighting for your attention - and the less important message - the one
> at the bottom - is more eye-catching because of the animation.

Yeah - it would be nice if it the message log was turned in to a
separate plugin as there are loads of places where I would want to use
that on it's own. In fact, not just a message log but slide-out panels
fixed to an edge of the screen.

> 2) It is much too eager to dismiss the message on mouse movement. Don't you
> naturally move the mouse around on a page as you look at it? I do. At least
> I use a TrackPoint, so it's easy to avoid inadvertent mouse movement. If you
> use a conventional mouse, it can be difficult to avoid any mouse movement
> after a click.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. There should ideally be some delay
after a mouse move before dismissing the message. Also, it would be nice
if the message location could be easily customised - eg. to show the
message next to a button or something.

Guy