Joel,

Check out the LiveQuery plugin. It will handle the binding of the
newly loaded elements for you automatically. So instead of including a
new, redundant <script> element within each loaded HTML fragment (or
rolling your own recursive binding functions), you can just do it once
right on the main page and be done with it:

$(function(){
    $('a').livequery('click', function(){
        $(this).parents('.cell').load('load.html');

HTH,
Jason