Hi Ezra,

This is the perfect place for such questions.

You can test for the existence of an element like this (for example):

if ( $('#someid').length ) {

 // do your thing ...

}

--Karl
_________________
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On Nov 2, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Ezra B. Gildesgame wrote:

Hello,

I'm getting started with jQuery and have read several tutorials, but
would appreciate clarification:

How can I create a simple conditional statement to check for the
presence of a certain element on a page, such as an anchor with a
certain class or id, and then perform a function?

I hope that this is an appropriate place to ask this question. If it
is not, I would appreciate any direction as to where might be more
appropriate.

Thank you!

Ezra Gildesgame