  From: Karl Swedberg
  To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 11:52 AM
  Subject: [jQuery] Re: Performing a function if an element is present

  Hi Ezra,

  This is the perfect place for such questions.

  You can test for the existence of an element like this (for example):

  if ( $('#someid').length ) {

   // do your thing ...

  }

  --Karl
  _________________
  Karl Swedberg
  www.englishrules.com
  www.learningjquery.com

  On Nov 2, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Ezra B. Gildesgame wrote:

    Hello,

    I'm getting started with jQuery and have read several tutorials, but
    would appreciate clarification:

    How can I create a simple conditional statement to check for the
    presence of a certain element on a page, such as an anchor with a
    certain class or id, and then perform a function?

    I hope that this is an appropriate place to ask this question. If it
    is not, I would appreciate any direction as to where might be more
    appropriate.

    Thank you!

    Ezra Gildesgame