Using the example data that started the post...

// create a DIV with text, and append to #cardholder...
var businessCard  = jQuery('<div class="bcard">Business Card</
div>').appendTo('#cardholder').get(0);
// store data against the DIV element created above...
jQuery.data( businessCard  //element
                 , 'businessCards'  //arbitrary (non-conflicting) name
                 , { 'name' : 'some name'
                   , 'address' : 'some address'
                   , 'phoneno' : 'some phoneno'
                   , 'email' : 'some email'
                   }
                 );

To retrieve the data (for the element stored in businessCard) at any
time...
var bci = jQuery.data(businessCard, 'businessCards');

// add another card (not storing the element in a variable this
time)...
jQuery.data( jQuery('<div class="bcard">Business Card 2</
div>').appendTo('#cardholder').get(0)
                 , 'businessCards'  //same name!
                 , { 'name' : 'some other name'
                   , 'address' : 'some other address'
                   , 'phoneno' : 'some other phoneno'
                   , 'email' : 'some other email'
                   }
                 );

To retrieve all card info below #cardholder...
var bcards = [];
jQuery('#cardholder .bcard').each(function()
{ bcards.push(jQuery.data(this, 'businessCards')); });

(or variations thereof)