There is a noticable difference with scripts loading at the bottom of
the page.  The page certainly loads and renders faster.  However, if
you are running pngFix or roundedCorners there is a longer time before
the script can make the adjustments... So although I think it's
generally best practice to place scripts at the bottom there are some
cases you may not want to.

Charles