If you click on one of the links, while it's loading that page if your
mouse moves over the other one it will raise the Javascript warning...
I've seen this exact behavior with other tip libraries jQuery based, and others. I didn't fully track down the issue, but managed to minimize it by wrapping all 'inline' and attached javascript calls inside document.ready.

The presumption at the time was that some script loading tags took longer to process, and were doing so whilst the page was building, and events firing.

And if so, I guess the fix is to include jquery in the <head> (as soon
as possible) and the rest can still be in the footer...
In this case we loaded in the head, so if we have the same issue, that may not correct it.

Of course we may have the same symptoms, but entirely different issues.

 ~ ~ David