I just released version 1.1.2 of my Masked Input Plugin for jQuery.
Felix Geisendörfer helped me mash out a few things with this release.
He fixed the bug for Mac/Firefox with the backspace key and got me to
open up the caret positioning functions. Thanks Felix!

Here are the changes for this release

    * Fixed a bug in Mac Firefox with backspacing.
    * Fixed a bug where delete at end of mask produced an extra
placeholder character.
    * Exposed the caret positioning and retrieval methods as a jQuery
function extension. You can now call $().caret() to get a caret
position and $().caret(start [,end]) to set a caret position.

Please go check out the latest version at
http://digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin