Hi Rick,

Yeah, I need to alert the user in some way if the client validates ok but the server bombs for some reason (no connection or whatever)...because when you do an ajax post, you're not actually refreshing the page, so the client will do the right thing, and the user won't know that an error occurred on the server.

-- Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Faircloth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 3:49 PM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Forms AjaxSubmit: no error handling?

Hi, Josh.

I've only used the validation plug-in a couple of times so far,
but I use the jQuery validation client side, and then once the
validation passes the client side, I run server side validation
again, as a separate function.  I program in ColdFusion, so I can
use my skills there for validation as well as validate against
data in a database on the server side.

My server side validation will also work if someone disables Javascript.

Rick