Hi, Josh.

I've only used the validation plug-in a couple of times so far,
but I use the jQuery validation client side, and then once the
validation passes the client side, I run server side validation
again, as a separate function.  I program in ColdFusion, so I can
use my skills there for validation as well as validate against
data in a database on the server side.

My server side validation will also work if someone disables Javascript.

Rick