I think the original poster was saying the "loading..." screen never
goes away.  I too experience this with my app if a user's session has
timed out in the background and they try to view an image (which
requires an active session) in a thickbox.  So far, I haven't really
tried to solve this one.  I'd be interested in hearing advice on this
one!