I ran into this problem with IE 6 and fixed it by setting in the
#TB_window class the property top:30%(only for IE 6) in the CSS rather
than top:50% (which works fine for IE 7 and Firefox).
That's a different issue than what I'm asking about above though.  I
think what might be causing the problem above is server strain.  But,
whatever is causing it I'm hoping there is a way to detect when it
happens and do something about it using jQuery.