I have seen IE act weird if you try to delete the owner of the event
from inside the event. In other words, "element delete thyself" can be
a problem. However, since the current jQuery doesn't actually delete
the element with .remove(), it just takes it out of the DOM, I don't
know if that's your problem. I suppose one way to check would be to
try running the .remove() from outside the element, just as a test,
and see if it works properly.

Larry