Jeffrey,

Thanks for trying to help. I tried your suggestion and, with the
debugger running, the browser immediately followed the target of the
'get' in the code; the debugger didn't stop at any of the surrounding
breakpoints. Odd. In all my past experiences that I was able to view
with the debugger, when the browser followed the 'get' target, it
meant that the flow had been interrupted and the 'return false;'
statement had not been executed. So, I don't know what is causing the
error, but read my reply to Alexey if you're interested.

Brian