I want to use the clueTip plugin to give helpful advice or help to
users filling out a specific form field. But I only want the clueTip
to display if they type invalid characters.

For example, I only want numbers to be typed into a field. If they
type letters, or any other special characters, I want a clueTip to
display suggesting that they fix it.

I don't want the tip to appear when the user hovers over the field or
clicks on it. Is it possible to disable clueTip's activate option and
only have the tip display when triggered by another script?

I'm using Denny Ferrassoli's (www.dennydotnet.com) typeWatch plugin to
pattern match the user's input and if its invalid, I want to display
the clueTip over the particular field.

Any ideas?

Thanks