Karl, Dan,

thanks for the ideas. Inspired by example #5 of the demo page I've set
up the clueTip on the text box and I'm using a global variable to
determine if the clueTip should actually display. It looks like this
solution will work but the problem I'm running into now is that when
the onActivate returns false, the form field loses focus, which
renders that form field unusable.

Is there a way to give the form field focus after onActivate function
returns false? Maybe this is a bug with the plugin?