Hi friends,

i have a question slightly off topic: my jquery-based experimental application
is very visual, and renders quite well on recent pcs, but not so good on old
ones: i'm moving too many elements for these old bastards.

I would like to explore the possibility to adapt the content to the user's
setup so that it degrades gracefully, and still feel responsive.

so i'm thinking about a scheme like:

1/ detect user setup or perform some tests, to determine the available CPU,
graphic Card, RAM, browser,OS. It may not even be necessary to know these
datas, if we run a test that just tells us if the end user specs are speedy or
not.
2/ send a different javscript file according to the results of the benchmark.

Has anyone done somethiing similaror have any thought about this?

Thank you,

Alexandre