On Jan 22, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Mika Tuupola wrote:

I do not fully understand what you are trying to do, but the data parameter can be a function. This function can dynamically set the values to what you want them to be. For example something like:

Now when I look at the code. Are you trying to do an editable field, which when clicked becomes three separate selects? Something like the two time pickers in here:

http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable/custom.html

If that is the case you would be better off writing an custom input element for it. Below are two blog entries which describe how input type plugins for Jeditable work.

http://www.appelsiini.net/2007/9/three-button-editable
http://www.appelsiini.net/2007/8/custom-input-types

You also might want the check source code of example input type plugins. Check especially "time" input type. It is closest to what you are trying to achieve.

http://svn.appelsiini.net/svn/javascript/trunk/jquery_jeditable/jquery.jeditable.inputs.js

--
Mika Tuupola
http://www.appelsiini.net/