---------- Original Message ----------
To: jQuery (English) (jquery-en@googlegroups.com)
From: Dave Stewart ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: [jQuery] Re: pretty urls break my jquery app: how to adapt it ?
Date: 24/1/2008 11:20:33

Hi Alex,
Amazing project. I'd be interested to know more about the generative
stuff.
How are the particles generated? In Flash?
Cheers,
Dave

hi Dave,
Thanks for your interest !!

you can read more about the project on its current web page:
http://www.lab-au.com/pixflow2/

the software is built inhouse (we are LAb[au],  a collective exploring new
artistic practices related to NTIC ) , PixFlow was programmed in blitzmax with
a little help from our C++ friend ;)

Flash is not the best engine to calculate and run several thousand particles
smoothly, and it is not stable enough to be able to run an application like
that for days without shut down i fear.

feel free to ask if u have more questions.

cheers,

Alexandre Plennevaux - LAb[au] asbl.vzw / MediaRuimte
  Lakensestraat/Rue de Laeken 104
  B-1000 Brussel-Bruxelles-Brussels
  Belgie-Belgique-Belgium
  Fax:+32(0)2.426.69.86

  http://www.lab-au.com
  http://www.mediaruimte.be
The
    information in this e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above.
  If you are not that addressee, please note that any disclosure, distribution
or
  copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
  Because e-mail can be electronically altered, the integrity of this
communication
  cannot be guaranteed.