Hello again,

gosh this should be so easy yet i can't make it work. Here is what i'm trying
to do:  i have a data structure stored as an xml file.

I need to load this structure once at the start of the application.
I need a function to search through this data structure and return the
corresponding value.

So far i fail miserably because i don't quite get the synchronous/asynchronous
side of jlife.

Here is the code i came up with (you might have seen it in my other post, i'm
fighting against it since this morning):

function findProjectAnchor(projectName, scape){
    var thisDS = datascapeAnchorsXml.find('scape[title="' + scape + '"]');
    var myVal = $("item:contains('" + project + "')", thisDS).attr('rel');
    return myVal;
}

jQuery(function($){

    $.get("projects/datascapes.xml", {}, function(xmlData, strStatus){
        var datascapeAnchorsXml = $(xmlData);
    });

    /// this is how i call it:
    UI.dsAnchor = findProjectAnchor(UI.item, UI.sortBy);

    );

what's wrong with it ?

thank you for your time and assistance,

Alexandre Plennevaux