Rus Miller schrieb:
OK, finally...

http://monovisiondesign.com/client/jquery/validate-url/form.php  (I've
got another problem with PHP config in that my script isn't connecting
on this server, but it should still return false and cause an error on
the form).  The markup for the form is here:
http://darthead.pastebin.com/f644fcf6b
The serverside must return "true" or "false", without the quotes, eg. in PHP this:
echo "true" which outputs true without quotes.
In my attempts to test your page Firebug didn't show any response at all, so it seems like something is wrong on the serverside.
After an initial wrong URL the remote method appears to be firing on
every keystroke if you look at the log.  I thought it was only
supposed to fire on blur?
Thats was designed for pure client-side validation. For now you may want to completely disable validation on keyup, by setting onkeyup: false.
http://monovisiondesign.com/client/jquery/validate-url/includes/log.txt

And on focus isn't the error message supposed to go away until the
element is blurred again?
You can enable that via focusCleanup: true.
[...]

And, btw, there's another post about this that you've probably already
answered, but the email validation doesn't check for a TLD.
The problem here is that a valid email address doesn't need an TLD.

Jörn