Eridius schrieb:
I have a slight issue and maybe it is because I don't know enough about this
plugin but is seems like the validation is based off of the name of the form
field so if I wanted to have a email validation on 2 imputs I would have to
put 2 input both have the name "email" but that would then only send on
through the form.  am I missing something here?
The validation plugin requires that each validated field has a unique name (in the context of the form). If you want to validate multiple fields as one, I recommend using a custom method. Put the rule for that method on one of the fields, and check the entire group inside that method. See http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Validation/Validator/addMethod for adding methods.

Jörn