Brian, thank you very very much for taking the time to look through that
1000-liner. i didn't expect such effort otherwise i would have told you
right away where to find the code instead of making you search through it.
After more than a year doing jquery, I'm always amazed by the commitment of
its community members.

At this point i'm wondering if i'm not asking too much to javascript,
which,as i understand it, is not really intended as a strong visual engine
and whether i shouldn't implement this "datascape" via flash. i usually
refrain from using flash but sometimes you just cannot avoid it. If you have
an opinion about that, i'd be delighted to read it.

Anyway i'll implement your suggestions, update the proto and get back to you
tonight (it's 10PM here).
Since you mentioned it It is true that i don't really catch the meaning of
some of the parameters.
sensitivity: 1 to ?? (what's the maximum?)  _ also, i couldn't get a good
comprehension of what the sensitivity parameter exactly control. I played
with its value, but i'm still not sure. What's the most sensitivty? 1 or 10
?

@Sebioff: thanks for the idea, i should definitely try that "flag" idea:
typically how to solve that kind of issue in actionscript :)

Thanks to both of you for your feedback, really appreciate that.

--
Alexandre Plennevaux
LAb[au]

http://www.lab-au.com