1. Have a form with one or more fields that use "remote"
2. When the form is empty, click the submit button so that it shows
all errors
3. Now type the correct thing into one of the fields so that it
approves of it
4. Click the submit button again
5. Repeat steps 4-5 and eventually (I am not sure whether it happens
because of speed of typing and moving from one field to the other or
because of the number of time the submit button is pressed) It just
would not let you submit the form.
6. What I would do if I were you would be to add an "alert()" after
each request is submitted, then when the request ends, and once the
submit button is clicked, "alert()" alert pendingRequest - that's a
good way to keep track of what's going on - then you'll know exactly
when it happens in relation to the form you're working with.

As a side note, IE's script debugger and Firefox's Firebug did _not_
help when I was troubleshooting the problem.
Good luck, and please let me know if I can help in any way.
Thank you,
Yuval Karmi