On Feb 8, 1:02 pm, "Smith, Allex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> True. But in order to get a link like this:
>
> Something has to generat the '1234' and 'john'
>
> $('a') is going to iterate over each anchor link and assign the click
> event.
>
> One rule of thumb I like to follow for myself however is that is
> something is easy to do without jQuery, or any other library, stick to
> good old JavaScript.
>
> By the way... I always try and stay away from the evil
> 'javascript:function()' syntax... Degrades poorly.

Hi, Smith,

The plugin, Metadata, is very interesting and looks very nice.. just
another question: is there any replacement for the
'javascript:function()' links besides using outside plugins, in ways
of either Javascript or jQuery?

I usually use javascript psudo links in making some AJAX calls,
something like

function myfunc(var1, var2)
{
    $('div#target').load('somepage.html', {v1 : var1, .... });
}

which works pretty well so far, but since it degrades poorly, I do
want to find a better way(or replacement) to achieve this..

Many thanks. :)
lihao(XC)