I love the plugin and it does its job perfectly. Especially the
persist: "location" trigger makes my life so much easier. But I don't
quite know how to open a branch in reverse.
I.e. I use it for navigation and it works all the way down to the
category level using persist:location. But on the single entry pages
the URL is different. I know the catergory (i.e lowest branch) the
page belongs to and I can even set that branch to class="selected".
Unfortunately the tree remains closed.

The question is how can I make sure all the parent branches will open
if a lower branch is set to selected? Is there a trigger to force a
reverse evaluation or somesuch?