Glen Lipka "whipped up" a demo using Mike Alsup's Cycle Plugin here:

http://commadot.com/jquery/cyleNumber.php

--Karl
_________________
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On Feb 17, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Rick Faircloth wrote:

I think it was Mike Alsup who used his plug-in, "Cycle",
to do a countdown.

He put up a demo page, but I'm not sure where to find it now.

I'm sure he or someone else will be along to tell us where it
is or provide some clue as to how to do it.  He just set the timing
of the slides to 1 second (1000 ms?).

Check out this page for info on his "Cycle" plugin.  The plug-in can
be used with plain text, so there should be a way to set up a variable
that increment with each cycle to provide the countdown display.

http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/

Help, anyone?

Rick