Thanks for the help!

Though I'd rather not include another "big" plugin just for the sake
of this ticker thingie, so I'll try to find another one. It also
wasn't that demo page I had seen before, but that one might have also
just been a showoff for another plugin.

I found this page: http://www.anthor.net/fr/jquery-progression.html
Just making the numbers scroll up and down between what I choose is
what I'm looking for, but this one had progress bars and stuff too, so
I'll see if I can digg into the code and take out the necessary parts.